Air leak causing flow issues -> how to find it?

May 24, 2018
NB, Canada
Hi all,

As the title states, I have encountered some issues where FC has dropped lower than ideal because of the SWG intermittently not generating because of a no-flow error. I am fairly certain that the reduced flow is due to air leak in the plumbing system.

I do hear "air" - sounds like it's inside of the filter housing (cartridge filter). The faster my pump is running, the louder the air noise is.

I normally run my (variable speed) pump at like 1300-1400 rpm and over the past years that has been enough for everything to work properly. Recently, the air noise has reared it's head, the No flow light on the SWG is on from time to time and I do see small bubbles coming out of the jets at times.

I have fairly simple plumbing. I have 1 3" drain line (from skimmer) going back to my pump (flexible 3" hose - flexible is used in my climate due to heavy freeze/thaw cycles). I have 1x 3" flexible return line that gets split into 2x lines near the pool to the jets on one end of the pool. All is buried underground in a 8" water-main PVC pipe as a conduit. My equipment is sheltered in a building.

64AD8CF1-5493-49FE-96AF-D3D2F908792C.jpeg5A46CB91-F91D-4423-8A2E-6E080EB36C55.jpegD6641E59-6020-46DA-9A59-18B4B3F4B962.jpeg

here is a video of the air noise :

Would appreciate some help troubleshooting or trying to find the leak... Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.