Air Jet Valve Missing

Jun 19, 2018
The Plains, Ohio
How necessary is the air jet valve? I set up my 18' pool today, and my kids are SO excited to use it... except the air jet valve was missing from the package. After 25 min on hold with Intex and then a very difficult conversation with language barrier, there has been a claim filed for the missing part... which can take a few days for approval, and then up to two weeks to receive the part. I really don't want to make my kids stare at this pool for 2 weeks... can it be run without the valve?? Thanks for any advice!

(Also, I found a kit of replacement parts on Amazon that includes a valve, but it's $125...)

If you didn't install it, what did you put in place of it?
I ended up going through all of the boxes and trash - and FOUND IT. But through this, I learned a lot. Pool is filled and chemicals started... anxious to see my kiddos enjoying it (hopefully) tomorrow!

Thanks everyone!

Don't use it. After a year mine has failed and leaks
You don't have a choice. You have to put it on. But, keeping the cap on it stops the aeration process. If yours has failed, take it off and check the oring on the bottom and whatever seal is inside it to see if it's dirty or broken. The oring can probably be replaced pretty easily by a trip to HD or Lowes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.