Bronze Supporter
Sep 12, 2017
Bristol, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've got a few minor bubbles coming out of the returns. After a little bit of initial investigating I've found a crack in the multiport valve where the pressure gauge threads in. I'm going to try a "melt" repair with a soldering iron. I also plan to put some more o-ring lube on all of the drain plugs in the system (sand filter, basket, etc.).

I'm open to any other suggestions....

Last edited:
I've got a few minor bubbles coming out of the returns. After a little bit of initial investigating I've found a crack in the multiport valve where the pressure gauge threads in. I'm going to try a "melt" repair with a soldering iron. I also plan to put some more o-ring lube on all of the drain plugs in the system (sand filter, basket, etc.).

I'm open to any other suggestions....
I have been successful using a JB Weld and a Plumbers Epoxy for a small crack. However, this should be only a temporary solution as your MPV is a pressure vessel. Also, use a good lubricant for orings. See photos below
Lube.jpegPVC Repair JB Weld.jpegPVC Repair Plumbers Epoxy.jpeg

I have been successful using a JB Weld and a Plumbers Epoxy for a small crack. However, this should be only a temporary solution as your MPV is a pressure vessel. Also, use a good lubricant for orings. See photos below
View attachment 496373View attachment 496374View attachment 496375

Yes, I am definitely thinking the MPV repair is temporary. Our equipment is old and we were unable to get any history and/or purchase info from the PO when we bought our house because the husband had already passed away and his wife just didn't know. I've put in a new liner and a gas heater so far. I've been putting off getting all new filter, pump, etc - but it looks like this is going to be the last summer for the old stuff. I'm going to start planning (and posting for input here!) for a new setup to install this fall.

Reactions: HermanTX
Yes, I am definitely thinking the MPV repair is temporary. Our equipment is old and we were unable to get any history and/or purchase info from the PO when we bought our house because the husband had already passed away and his wife just didn't know. I've put in a new liner and a gas heater so far. I've been putting off getting all new filter, pump, etc - but it looks like this is going to be the last summer for the old stuff. I'm going to start planning (and posting for input here!) for a new setup to install this fall.
Put a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWCG) in your budget as that will ease your maintenance of FC levels.

Put a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWCG) in your budget as that will ease your maintenance of FC levels.
I'm debating it for sure. My FC control (and overall balancing of the pool) is pretty simple as is, although simpler is always better! haha. Investing in a new fence and some polywood furniture this year as well....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.