Air in filter pump basket

Waltheraustin

May 21, 2020
Clyde TX
This is week 3 but every once in awhile I let out the air in pump basket well actually I just got an Intex skimmer and noticed a bit of air on top so my question, is any amount of air normal? I just adjusted the basket to go lower and let out the air but not sure how paranoid I should be about air.

Post a pic of the water level in your skimmer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice looking installation!

I wouldn’t worry too much about the air bubble as long as it doesn’t get bigger. Sometimes I have a bubble, sometimes I don’t. You’ll know if you’re cavitating - the pump makes a racket.

I highly recommend you order a Hayward through-the-wall skimmer. The Intex floating skimmer malfunctions whenever you turn your back. There are lots of tutorials on here about installing the Hayward skimmer. It’s nerve-wracking to cut into your pool but can be done safely. And it’s SO satisfying to have a proper skimmer.

Appreciate it! The wife made me hurry to put it up so it's not as level as I would have liked but I'm betting I'll make it till September.

I was close to getting it but I can just see me telling my wife I broke the new pool by purposefully cutting the pool lol. Once the new wears off, I will though. This one worked much better once I plugged up one of the filters. I really pulls stuff in from across the pool.

I'm guessing it has to be drained a bit though to cut right so I may wait till fall and then put it on. They look really good!

Reactions: CeltiaK
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.