Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My Hayward VS pump is set to come on and run for 6 hours on 50% power and then 6 hours on 80% power. When the pump first comes on, it goes into prime mode before switching to 50% power. When it originally starts up on 50% power the pump will acquire an approximate 3 inch diameter air bubble before it kicks into 80% 6 hours later. Once at 80% the air is cleared out of the pump.

Is this normal for air to start collecting in a VS pump when running at a low speed? Is this anything for me to worry about since this is a brand new pool?

Like I said, when the pump kicks up in speed or originally primes, there are no air bubbles present.

Holydoc, I have an older pool with a new VS pump - it does the same thing. I get some bubbles in the clear window when it is running at 1,800 RPM. I have mine increase to 2,450 RPM for two hours in the AM and then again for two hours in the evening, which clears the bubbles. In my case, I am sure it they are caused by a slight leak in the multiport valve on the filter. (I haven't gotten around to changing the gasket, I will soon...) The higher speed periods push the bubbles out, so I haven't worried about it. I am interested to hear from more knowledgeable people than me on this topic...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.