Air bubbles

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
On to the next problem...
Last year I just had sporadic bubbles out of this jet. This year it started up tons of tiny bubbles. I cannot keep my pH down. I will lower it and it is back up within a day. I know it is these bubbles. It is only the right jet in my steps. No other jets. Help!

Attachments

• 20190728_185815.jpg
    20190728_185815.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190728_185814.jpg
    20190728_185814.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 14
Is your pump basket maintaining a full prime? In many cases, bubbles are a sign of air being introduced into the plumbing system from the suction side. So you might look at the TFP Suction Side Air Leaks - Trouble Free Pool page. Also remember that it's common for variable speed pumps to show some air in the pump basket after running at a low rpm for x-amount of hours, so it may need to be purged-out periodically. Lastly, is your filter dirty? When my filter gets dirty, not only does my filter pressure increase, but water tends to churn a bit more at the pump and creates tiny bubbles at my jets as well. Maybe one of those will help you out.

Reactions: lindz18
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.