Air Bubbles in Pump Housing

illtiger1

Bronze Supporter
Oct 29, 2008
I have a Superpump and multi valve to a Hayward DE filter. I just changed the seal shaft and cleaned out the basket in the pump housing after vacuuming. When I restarted the pump, the PSI went down by 1 or 2 and I can see air bubbles and swirling of water through the pump housing cover and the elbow to the multi-valve. Additionally, the jets seem to be more forceful in pushing out water and I can hear what sounds like small pebbles going through one of the lines. Not sure what I did wrong or if I caused some air to be trapped from the vacuuming. Maybe I need to let some air out of the top of the DE filter until some water squirts out? Thank you.

Any air in the system should automatically clear up as pools have an open design. Check the gasket on the pump so you have a tight seal. Also, do you have unions? If so, maybe the O-rings need replacing. Any areas of the system that is leaking water? How about valves, all open, etc. Try adjusting valves to see how pressure is affected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.