Air Bubbles in Pool Pump

Michael Bonner

Jun 15, 2021
Whitehall, MI
Hi all.
Starting this year we have seen more air bubbles and less "pressure" in the pool pump. Historically it would be fully pressurized and no bubbling or churning could be seen from the top of the transparent pump lid.
I have noticed that this occurs more when shifting to full draw of the main(bottom) drain.

For some backstory. This is a 30K Gallon pool with an 8ft deepend where the main drain is located. Does this sound like a potential line leak?

Also. There is some resting water on the floor of my pool shed where the pump is located. I dont know if this could be related because the water appears to be after the main drain return line. I think the water is coming from the line that runs from the pump to the sand filter tank.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

When drawing from the MD only, head loss will increase on the suction side of the pump lowering the pressure and increasing the possibility of an air leak. It could just be the pump lid leaking. Clean the pump lid gasket and lube with pool lube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.