Air bubbles caused by loose seal?

pc132

Jun 12, 2015
La Crescenta. CA
I'm all of sudden having a bunch of air bubbles in my pool when I turn the pumps on. I think it is b/c this seal thing (don't know what this is called) is loose (see video -> leaking seal). I couldn't even tell it was loose, because it is dry when the pump is running, BUT, when I turn off the motor, little streams of water shoot out (you can see it in the video), which indicates that this isn't airtight. The thing is screwed down super tight, so I don't think I can make it even tighter. How can I fix this?

EDIT 1: I've added a screenshot of the moment the water shoots out in case the video doesn't work that well. The water are those thin lines shooting out around the 10:00 and 1:00 positions (assuming that 12 is the top middle of the image)
Screenshot 2017-10-28 13.47.06.jpg

EDIT 2: Thanks mknauss! Here's a youtube link 2017 10 28 13 26 13 - YouTube . Here's another video also showing how air seems to be going in, and stopping when I use my finger as a seal (2017 10 28 13 56 35 - YouTube).

Thanks!

It is a check valve. Get the model number of it and order a gasket.

I could not get the video to play.

Take care.

Well, you've got 2 issues: 1) air getting in at the sight glass, or before in the suction line and 2) water leaking at the sight glass from flow in the suction line when you tuen the pump off (equivalent of water hammer in your home plumbing system). These may or may not be the same problem. Fix the leak in the sight glass (or whatever it's called) and see if the bubbles continue (it looks like air is getting in there from your second you tube video).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.