Air Blower plumbing

wmmallette

Silver Supporter
Mar 8, 2016
New Albany, Mississippi
In addition to my regular wall returns, I have 4 returns at my steps. 0me On each side of the steps and two returns on the front of my middle steps. I have an air blower that injects air to the step returns. However my installer only ran one air line that spilts to the four step returns near the pool. I didn’t realize it until it was under concrete.

I had intended that he split the air line near the blower and put it 0n valves so that I could choose to isolate the air to either the step side returns or the step front returns. So, my question is:

Can I now cut the current air line, split it how I want, put valves in and connect it to the return lines near the equipment pad?
Its about 30 feet from the pad to the steps. My water lines are 2-inch pioe. This is my air blower.
Any advice is appreciate, even if it’s that I cannot accomplish my goa this way.

-Mickey

8C77F446-8F89-4991-9972-E0C4CDEFD8C1.jpeg

Can I now cut the current air line, split it how I want, put valves in and connect it to the return lines near the equipment pad?
No, you can't do that. The air line connects to a venturi tee in the pool wall like this:

1650908194531.png
The only way to do what you want is to remove the concrete where the air line is split.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.