Air blower in tanning ledge problem

Zydan

Sep 8, 2020
Little Elm
Hello, hope this is the right place to post this question. Recently started up our new pool 28 days ago, the issue is the blower on the tanning ledge is always blowing extremely hard. It even caused plaster discoloration, looking for answers as to what may cause this. Cleaned out the filter pump and made sure there was no debris, but no help. See attached pic of discoloration. I can’t seem to be able to post the video.
Edit: I uploaded the video to youtube, here it is:
Blower on Tanning Ledge
IMG_0829.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I cant see any pictures. Blowers are typically connected to spa and literally blow air into the line to make more bubbles when you are using the spa. Do you mean maybe a bubbler, which is like a return but pointing upwards from a tanning ledge? It seems odd that would cause plaster issues, but maybe it will help once you can get the picture posted.

In general you can turn down the pump speed to have less water come out of bubblers and returns. Ideally the bubbler/return/blower also has its own valve so you can shut off or partially close the line for greater control of the amount of water coming out.

Sorry, I cant see any pictures. Blowers are typically connected to spa and literally blow air into the line to make more bubbles when you are using the spa. Do you mean maybe a bubbler, which is like a return but pointing upwards from a tanning ledge? It seems odd that would cause plaster issues, but maybe it will help once you can get the picture posted.

In general you can turn down the pump speed to have less water come out of bubblers and returns. Ideally the bubbler/return/blower also has its own valve so you can shut off or partially close the line for greater control of the amount of water coming out.

Sorry I corrected it, I posted the pic and a link to the video I just uploaded to youtube.

Wow. Have you talked to your pool builder about that?

You can certainly see the staining, and why are bubbles coming out? That usually indicates a suction side leak that is causing air to get into the line. Something is not right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.