Aipers Orca 800 Mate ... or jump up. (1500 Seagull SMOROBOT Tank X11)

skiflyer

Jul 27, 2021
Near Chicago IL
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Purchasing a robotic vacuum... budget is ideally under $500, definitely under $1000.

The Orca 800 Mate seems to fit the bill, it doesn't do walls and waterline, but those haven't been a problem so it's not a deal breaker. The concern I have is that it claims it can do a 33ft round pool with it's 33ft cable. That seems geometrically impossible to me.

The problem is, if I try to step it up, the price tag jumps from $339 to $660+. At which point I'll just go wireless and either get the Aipers 1500 Seagull or the SMOROBOT Tank X11. (They both feel like overkill, but I like the convenience of cordless).

While I'm looking for any helpful feedback on this decision, I'm specifically wondering if any one has experience with the Orca 800 Mate and a 33ft pool?

Thanks!

I ended up ordering the Orca 800 Mate so I'll turn this into a review.

It works, it's probably good for about 32ft 9 inches. I figure if I just change the entry point each time everything will get cleaned. One word of warning, the exposed screws on the power cord scratch the edge of the pool when it gets pulled taut, I'll be covering those with electrical tape before the next run.

Cleaning was great, I put it on the 3 hour cycle, but after 90 minutes the entire bottom had been covered and cleaned spotless. The filter tray had everything from grass to algae to sand in it. We don't have any trees near the pool, so I can't comment on those. The bottom of our 33ft round above ground is definitely not perfectly flat, they installed the liner on a rainy day, and we had some drainage issues when first installed, so lots of footprints, and the vac still got stuff out of those little ridges.

We have wedding cake steps, it worked around them just fine, I didn't have to pull them to run the vac.

The power cord wasn't as much of a hassle as I expected, but obviously cordless would be more convenient... but when the price is right :)

I ended up ordering the Orca 800 Mate so I'll turn this into a review.

It works, it's probably good for about 32ft 9 inches. I figure if I just change the entry point each time everything will get cleaned. One word of warning, the exposed screws on the power cord scratch the edge of the pool when it gets pulled taut, I'll be covering those with electrical tape before the next run.

Cleaning was great, I put it on the 3 hour cycle, but after 90 minutes the entire bottom had been covered and cleaned spotless. The filter tray had everything from grass to algae to sand in it. We don't have any trees near the pool, so I can't comment on those. The bottom of our 33ft round above ground is definitely not perfectly flat, they installed the liner on a rainy day, and we had some drainage issues when first installed, so lots of footprints, and the vac still got stuff out of those little ridges.

We have wedding cake steps, it worked around them just fine, I didn't have to pull them to run the vac.

The power cord wasn't as much of a hassle as I expected, but obviously cordless would be more convenient... but when the price is right :)
Does your pool have a slope? At 12# and decent reviews, might be worth a try!

Greetings! I'm considering to buy a robotic cleaner and seeking for some advice.
1) Between dolphins and smorobt, which one would you recommend?
2) As of cleaning ability,efficiency,quality and design,etc. which way do you think Smorobot would beats a Dolphin?
3) Any problems you met on your X11?
Many thanks

Greetings! I'm considering to buy a robotic cleaner and seeking for some advice.
1) Between dolphins and smorobt, which one would you recommend?
2) As of cleaning ability,efficiency,quality and design,etc. which way do you think Smorobot would beats a Dolphin?
3) Any problems you met on your X11?
Many thanks
I had nothing but problems with Smorobot X10 and returned it. I'm now leaning towards the Dolphin E20, though I don't need the long cord (need 32') or the programming. I use my Aquabot once or twice a week and pull it out each time after its 3 hour cycle.

That long cord is nice though. It means you can put it in where ever you want and put the power box somewhere convenient. Mine has a 60' cord and my pool is 15x30 and I wouldn't want it any shorter to be honest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.