Aiper Seagull Pro Review

Mine was delivered today and is now Green fully charged…but I purchased the combo and did not receive the pole vac…so I’ll have to contact Aiper about the missing part of my order.

I’ll update here with my experience over the coming days also…

Reactions: iamtexmax
Mine was delivered today and is now Green fully charged…but I purchased the combo and did not receive the pole vac…so I’ll have to contact Aiper about the missing part of my order.

I’ll update here with my experience over the coming days also…
Mine both arrived same day but came as two separate packages . The shipping confirmation email had two tracking numbers as well.

@Ahultin thanks again for the feedback. Yes I see there may be another tracking number in the email but clearly they have a bug that did not render it correctly (I’m a Software Engineer myself soo these things really annoy me)… Tracking number is rendered as an exponential number…

by Fedex, 3.97306E+11 by Fedex​

@Ahultin thanks again for the feedback. Yes I see there may be another tracking number in the email but clearly they have a bug that did not render it correctly (I’m a Software Engineer myself soo these things really annoy me)… Tracking number is rendered as an exponential number…

by Fedex, 3.97306E+11 by Fedex​

Lol gotta love em. If you go to the website, bottom right, support , order tracker and put in your order number and email address you should be able to get the tracking number from there as well.
Nope appears that only shows the first one :cautious:

Last edited:
How well does this track lines? That's one of the annoying things that bothers my type-a personality with the dolphin units, which is amplified even more when it starts going in circles and wrapping up the cord. I watch the robot going at something that needs to be cleaned, and it seems like it never fails that it'll change directions and completely miss it. If this actually goes in straight lines, if nothing else it would calm my nerves. LOL

Reading about this, I wish there was some kind of an eco mode where it would run every day for a fraction of the time, and allow you to leave it in the pool for a few days between charges.

Does very well on walls as far as straight lines. Not so much on the floor Seems like it likes to go "forward" (brush at front), so it does spin 180, and someone 360. My pool is very contoured, so it could be throwing it in different directions. It does seem to hit all surfaces in one mode or the other (walls or floor), not so much on "auto". It won't climb steps, so if doing walls only, you need to start it left of steps since it goes clockwise around the perimeter.

They're sending me a shipping label to evaluate my dead one, they said they'd send me a new one as soon as they receive it.

How well does this track lines?
In my freeform, definitely not the intended audience pool it tracks lines like a drunk lol. Nothing is straight and tidy but it does seem to manage and cover everywhere over the couple hours it is in the pool.
The wall only function does seem much more linear and organized. But again that may just be our pool
Reading about this, I wish there was some kind of an eco mode where it would run every day for a fraction of the time, and allow you to leave it in the pool for a few days between charges

The specs on the matronics liberty appear to have something what you describe. I beleive it called it a vacation mode where you keep it in the pool and it will run for 30minutes a day over an extended period

Last edited:
Ordered on Saturday and was very surprised when it arrived today. No tracking and order still says processing on their website.

First run was not great but had in auto mode in a freeform pool and it had a lot of issues tracking, and would not climb walls. It only made it a foot or 2 up the wall and stopped and went back down. I can see the brushes spinning but not getting traction up the wall. Where it did track on the floor it seemed to pick up well but missed a number of sections on first pass as well. It definitely picked up dirt in the basket similar to images

I will try tomorrow on single mode to see if it does any better.

I ordered one last week and completely forgot about it until it showed up today. My pool is certainly not the ideal flat floor rectangle! I dropped it in this evening for a first test run on floor only mode. So far, I'm fairly pleased with it. It's doing a good job of getting all the dirt that accumulates in the liner creases and the edges of the bowl. It hung up on the main drain for a short bit but got itself unstuck. No problem navigating the slope from deep to shallow end. It's going much more in a random pattern then a nice S as advertised but I expected that. I also think that where I drop it in will have an effect on the eventual pattern. Tonight I dropped it about halfway down the shallow end. I'll try it on wall only mode tomorrow and see how that does. I have some video and will try to post them up.

Will this work on a fairly steep 3ft to 7ft slope? My pool is an 11000 gal gunite, not big so should be able to do it all on one charge. My Polaris 8050 is crapping out on me after only 2 1/2 years so looking for something new. It has worked well but the cord tangles easily and occasionally gets hung up on the drain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ordered on Saturday and was very surprised when it arrived today. No tracking and order still says processing on their website.

First run was not great but had in auto mode in a freeform pool and it had a lot of issues tracking, and would not climb walls. It only made it a foot or 2 up the wall and stopped and went back down. I can see the brushes spinning but not getting traction up the wall. Where it did track on the floor it seemed to pick up well but missed a number of sections on first pass as well. It definitely picked up dirt in the basket similar to images

I will try tomorrow on single mode to see if it does any better.
I would in auto mode, it does floor for 1.5 house or so, then starts wall mode for remainder.

@Ahultin good news my pole vac arrived today so all good on that now.

I ran it for the first time today and I was pretty impressed!

In floor only mode it ran for 2 hours 50 minutes until it parked itself. And it got all but 2 small leaves, including several small and tiny rocks as well as a lot of settled dirt.

The only quirks I observed so far are that it def got stuck on my drains while my variable speed pump was on low RPMs…but couldn’t break free until I turned off the pump. I suspect it getting stuck on the drain is why it missed the small leaf in that area.

Also, a little annoying, is then when I went to pull it out the water several leaves and a little dirt fell back into the pool…so they were caught up in the bottom but didn’t get captured in the basket.

I will run it again tomorrow on floor only since I’m basically playing catch up with all the finer dirt settled on the floor, and my Lawn Crew is coming tomorrow so that’lol be a few more things to get (along with a few more small rocks).

Just shipped mine back today. They said they'd ship a new one as soon as they got FedEx shipping notification. Great customer service!

They also said they don't have the finer 250um basket yet and would depend on demand. My Aquabot basket is finer and catches more silt. So feel free to request the finer basket and maybe they'll make it available.

I receieved my Seagull Pro on Monday. I previously had a Dolphin unit. My pool is 16x32, very small in comparison to the advertised sq/ft. I charged the unit and ran a full cycle in auto mode. The unit did pick up some debris, but left a significant amount behind. I charged it again and ran it in auto mode for a second time. Again, it left a lot of debris behind. Most of the debris was in the crevices of the pool, but there was also a significant amount left in the bottom of the shallow end. Please refer to the pictures.

I reached out to Aiper because I thought I might have a defective unit and they simply said that the unit is not good at cleaning in crevices. They didn't comment on all the debris left in the shallow end.

The only thing that I have to compare this to is the Dolphin unit I was replacing. The Dolphin unit cleans much better in one cycle than this unit did in two cycles. The Dolphin never left any debris behind. I have decided to return the Seagull Pro and purchase another Dolphin or similar unit.

It seems as though others are having good experiences with the Seagull Pro, maybe I did receive a bad unit. However, I wanted to share my experience to help others that are looking into the Seagull Pro. I was really hoping this would clean effectively, because I love the cordless design. That said, I would much rather have a corded unit that does the job effectively than a cordless unit that requires multiple runs in addition to manual vacuuming. My two cents.

Attachments

• 20230425_162825.jpg
    20230425_162825.jpg
    881.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230425_162814.jpg
    20230425_162814.jpg
    737.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230425_162801.jpg
    20230425_162801.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 62
I can see how stuff at a sharp corner could be an issue for any robot (even Dolphin). The stuff in your shallow end certainly should have been picked up. Try floor only and see what happens.

My floor only results from last night. It picked up an impressive amount of sand, dirt and tree trash. It did leave some debris in the same crease as smpayne135's second photo. We'll see if "wall mode" gets it.

Attachments

• 05F33C2B-CD84-4BCF-9C09-CFEC4EB253E6.jpeg
    05F33C2B-CD84-4BCF-9C09-CFEC4EB253E6.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 43
  • D6E201A6-C714-4486-9AA5-29202A99E096.jpeg
    D6E201A6-C714-4486-9AA5-29202A99E096.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I can see how stuff at a sharp corner could be an issue for any robot (even Dolphin). The stuff in your shallow end certainly should have been picked up. Try floor only and see what happens.
I might try the floor mode only prior to sending it back, but i'm convinced it doesn't clean as well (or even close to as well) as to my previous unit. I had the Doplhin Nautlis CC Plus and it rarely (almost never) left any debris in the crevices, and that was running it only one time. I did have some issues with it after year three and replaced several parts and after 6 years it stopped working. Due to it's age, I decided to replace it. The only times I manually vacumned my pool were when my robot was down. I went with Aiper because of the cordless design. I had a tendency to leave my Dolphin in the pool too long and I think that decreased its longevity. I figured the cordless unit would force me to take it out after each cleaning to recharge and store until the next cleaning. Also, not worrying about a cord was a plus.

The Seagull Pro might be exaclty what some are looking for, perhaps I had unrealistic expectations for a cordless unit.

Last edited:
If they can make reliable electronics, it "should" clean just as well. It seems to have plenty of suction power. I've tried the Smorobot, and the one I received was very unreliable. If Dolphin and Aquabot can make reliable underwater motors, Aiper should be able to make reliable underwater batteries. Hoping my did was a fluke.

If they can make reliable electronics, it "should" clean just as well. It seems to have plenty of suction power. I've tried the Smorobot, and the one I received was very unreliable. If Dolphin and Aquabot can make reliable underwater motors, Aiper should be able to make reliable underwater batteries. Hoping my did was a fluke.
Yes, I agree. However, I think they still need to do some more refining to be comparable in cleaning capabilty. Again, I am basing this off of one Aiper unit that could be a lemon and one Dolphin unit that I have used for the past 6 seasons. I don't have the time to run/recharge the unit several times to get one good cleaning.

I do hope yours was a fluke and that you have a good experience with yours. Please keep us posted. I may give them another try in the future. I will say that their customer service is very responsive and they are easy to work with, in my limited experience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support