Aim my jets, please!

Oct 27, 2019
Lowell, Arkansas
Hey all. Need some help with return aiming. Pics show how they’re aimed now and this is how they’ve been for several years. I get good water change over and circulation but I feel my skimmers aren’t operating to their full potential.

Deets:
~28k gallons
Hayward VS pump
Hayward Sand Filter with glass media

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3454.jpeg
    IMG_3454.jpeg
    549.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3450.jpeg
    IMG_3450.jpeg
    544.9 KB · Views: 21
That is about as good as you can get with where your returns are placed.

I would have placed all the returns on the opposite wall from your skimmers but it is too late now.

What speed are you running your Intelliflo for skimming and for how long?

Can you valve off your main drain? It will help your skimmers immensely.
I run ~1400rpm 24/7 - you might consider a lower, more consistent speed and check results.

Actually a tornado in the skimmer is not what you want. A calm flow over the weir doors is more effective.

You do have weir doors that swing freely with the water level?

Reactions: PoolStored
How are your skimmers placed relative to your prevailing winds?

If the winds are working against your skimmers the wind will keep debris away from the skimmers.

Water comes out of the returns in straight lines not curves so I don't understand your drawing.

Have you tried point some of the returns directly at the skimmers? That can sometimes work better than trying to get water to move in a circle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.