Ahhsome was clean...

jseyfert3

Bronze Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
South-Central WI
Anyway.. I'd see about doing multiple Ahh-somes on the jetted tub or even pulling lines on it (which may be far harder than the hot tub, I've never had one). The good thing is once you clean all of that out well, you will maintain it properly from then on, so you shouldn't have to ever do it again except to fix issues. Good luck with the move. Enjoy.
Almost impossible. There's a tiny access panel on one side so you can reach the pump and electrical junction box...barely. Not hardly big enough, in my opinion. Suppose I could always make that opening bigger.

Some things can be reached from the basement, as one end of the tub is on an open wall on the basement side. Not sure how you could reach any hoses/junctions in the middle sides of the tub though.

I'm not even sure what maintaining a jetted tub entails. You don't use chlorine. Water probably sits in the plumbing when you drain it. Do you add bleach before you drain to kill most things that may be in there? Do an Ahh-some purge before each use? Honestly it seems kinda gross no matter what, compared to a spa that's always filled and maintained with chlorine or bromine.

jseyfert3

Bronze Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
South-Central WI
I have a small tub but it's a real one. 240V, more HP on the pumps than the pool, decent sized heater has, etc. Right by the kitchen sliding door. You still freeze your <whatever> off when you get out of it once it's below about 40F. I didn't go bigger mainly because I wanted it to fit under the porch and have it right by the door for winter!
So I had to come back now that we got the tub to say that this didn't happen. Getting out when it's 30 °F and going the few steps to the door you don't get cold at all. Heck, it's not even that bad on bare feet on the concrete, so long as there is no snow or ice!

Now if you regularly had a lot of wind, that could change things, but our experience with 30 °F and little to no wind has been great. Going out in a little bit, currently 28 °F with 9 MPH winds.

Rattus Suffocatus

Silver Supporter
Jun 5, 2019
Corona de Tucson, AZ
We had a lot of wind in Iowa.. it is probably my least favorite thing about living there for 20 years, actually. Grew up in Chicagoland.. not as bad but still windy. It can get windy in the new location as we are on the foothills of the Santa Rita mountains... but it's not as bad-- or at least not nearly as often.

The older one gets, the more one hates to be cold and minds the heat less. So it could be that I am getting old but I don't even like going out when it's calm and 50F now....

As for Ahhsome.. I finally did a flush on the tub.. it did get a minimal amount of crud out. It wasn't as hard to rinse out as I thought it would be. I'll probably use it at every refill...

Rattus Suffocatus

Silver Supporter
Jun 5, 2019
Corona de Tucson, AZ
I didn't have all that much but I bought it new and been running TFP the whole time. I would have had even less I suspect if my cover wouldn't have blown off in a monsoon and a bunch of dirt get blown in. That was fun to clean up at the time., and I think that is the little bit of "brown" I got in the foam. Considering I went about 8 months without a water change (yeah, I know) I think the TFP chlorine methods worked very well...

Reactions: jseyfert3