AGP Liner went bye bye

May 11, 2018
Hahira, GA
Had been in the process of a SLAM, and was sweeping the algae, and I heard a trickle of water... which quickly turned into a flood of water. Not even a tear and a half old lol
927c9e7d461b1ef0b11551309dd8a3d2.jpg

:shock: OH NO!! I had the same thing happen before I found TFP. Mine was caused by very BAD chemistry. I now think it was low pH and VERY high CYA. Who knows what the other levels were as the pool store kept saying "Your water is fine. Here buy this to keep it this way." My liner became VERY brittle and cracked all along the bottom and the water went bye bye like yours :(

:shock: OH NO!! I had the same thing happen before I found TFP. Mine was caused by very BAD chemistry. I now think it was low pH and VERY high CYA. Who knows what the other levels were as the pool store kept saying "Your water is fine. Here buy this to keep it this way." My liner became VERY brittle and cracked all along the bottom and the water went bye bye like yours :(

Yeah pretty crazy!

I am not entirely sure what caused it. I don’t think it was the chemistry as the CYA was 0, so I had actually just added some a couple days before. I do know the PH was high, and I was about to add some muriatic acid to bring it down.

At least I was only 2 days into the SLAM and not 10. Lol.

The other thing that I think may have caused it, is I think some of the sand was washing out under the pool. Where the drains were you could see it was sunken down a little bit, and you could see the outline of the metal cross beam thingy. Not sure if when was raking/vacuuming the pool that it tore where at the bottom corner where that cross beam was. Certainly looks close to the same area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.