Aggghhh forgot to turn the salt water generator back on!

May 7, 2017
Northern NJ
I must have turned off the saltwater generator and forgot to turn it back on. It must have been yesterday or the day before. It could have been one of the kids too but it has not been off more than 2 days. Of course we have had sunny and near 80 degree temps the last two days. I checked the FC and it was down to 1.5 (normally kept at 5). I threw a little bleach I had laying around in and have the SWG on super chlorinate now with the pump running full blast. Not sure if I should SLAM just in case? I don't know how quickly algae can set in......

Just happened to me today, 1.5ppmFC, I adde enough Liquid Chlorine for 10ppm and kept my SWG at normal settings. Dont go superclorination, it just degrades your cell faster. Use liquid chlorine to raise.

Reactions: Kmlee
Karen,
I doubt you have to do a SLAM, but if you want to be sure, just do an OCLT, there are 3 criteria for passing the SLAM, and the same ones are relevent to determine if you need to.
1. The water is perfectly clear (with no visible algae)
2 You do not have more than .5 CC
3 You do not loose more than 1 ppm FC overnight. (turn off the SWG during the OCLT).

If your water passes all of the above, then you don't need to SLAM.

Reactions: Kmlee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.