AG Oval 15x30 sides bowing?

farmall.dude

Apr 30, 2019
Michigan
Looking for either owners or installers of this kind of pool's advice. We installed our Aquasport 52, 15x30 pool ourselves (why is another story). I leveled and triple checked the stones for perfect grade. That is, they are all the same level within 1/16". Now that it's filled, I'm seeing the side walls bowing out. I expected a little bowing, but don't now how much is too much and if I have a problem or not. It seems excessive to me. We haven't back-filled around it yet, can I shim the buttresses to bring it back to plumb? Or is that much bow normal for these pools?

Attachments

• IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 83
Why, Thank you! I learned a lot. Especially that I don"t want to be a pool installer:)
I have the same pool and the same issue's. Once we filled the pool after a few days I noticed the walls in the middle starting to bow outward and the top coping is how I first noticed it since I can see a bend exactly like the one in your pics.
If I take a level vertically it's out about 2"-3" from the top to the bottom in the middle. Also on the ends I noticed my water level is off on both sides of the pool by about 1"
Since you have had the pool up for a few years now has the bowing become worse or stayed the same.

Last edited:
Phishwaves,
We're at the end of our third season now, and the bow has not gotten any worse. In fact, it hasn't changed at all.
I'm certainly no pool installing expert, but it seems like 2-3 inches at the middle (would be like 4-5 inches out of plumb at the bottom?) is way too much. Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're saying though. Mine only leans out about an inch overall, and that's a conservative estimate. At any rate, I'll ask the same questions the other forum members asked me.
Did you put concrete pads under the ends of the buttresses and each joint?
Did you tamp the ground firmly before setting the pads?
Was the soil around the pool disturbed before you set up your pool? You didn't do any back-filling, did you?

As for the difference in water level, I would confirm with where ever you purchased the pool to see if that is a problem. (assuming it's new) Otherwise, I defer to the experts here for an answer. For me, that's too much difference, but I'm pretty particular about things like that. I used a transit to level everything from end to end, so my water level is within 1/4". Are you measuring from the coping or the pattern on the vinyl? If the liner has stretched a bit here and there, that could exaggerate your measurement.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.