Silver Creek, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I am done with a SLAM and have now changed to a saltwater pool. It has been a long time since I have had to do a slam and this one took quite a while. At what point can I be able to balance the rest of the pool chemicals. It was all good until the chlorine level came down now I am all over the place. Nothing is consistent except chlorine coming down about 1 to 1.5 a day and 0 cc. Ph has dropped from 7.5 to 7.2 everything else is swinging. Test kit to 100 and the recommended salinity kit from trouble free pool and i have a rj 45 salt water generator.
Today:
FC 13
CC 0
PH 7
TA 100
CH 60
CYA 65
TEMP 79
SALT. THIS IS A NEW CATEGORY AND Target is 3 to 6 don't know what to do.

Turn off SWCG for a day or two to get FC to 7 or so. Test each morning (or same time of day) and when you are just above or at FC of 7 ppm, set your SWCG to create 3 ppm FC per day. Use Poolmath to determine the % generation and run time to achieve that. Test FC daily and see if FC goes up or down. Adjust the SWCG as necessary. Very soon your FC will stabilize. May be +/- 1 ppm around 7ppm, but that is still well above minimum for your CYA.

pH test is invalid with FC above 10 ppm.

Turn off SWCG for a day or two to get FC to 7 or so. Test each morning (or same time of day) and when you are just above or at FC of 7 ppm, set your SWCG to create 3 ppm FC per day. Use Poolmath to determine the % generation and run time to achieve that. Test FC daily and see if FC goes up or down. Adjust the SWCG as necessary. Very soon your FC will stabilize. May be +/- 1 ppm around 7ppm, but that is still well above minimum for your CYA.

pH test is invalid with FC above 10 ppm.
Thank you. I thought it would all be invalid with FC so high. The category salt that I have added now to my test is that really the salinity?

Salt is salinity. So enter your current salinity in that test result. It only effects CSI, if you are tracking that. There is no reason for you to track CSI.

TA test can be effected by elevated FC, but your FC is not that high. All others (excluding pH), are unaffected by elevated FC.

Reactions: Billy7871
Salt is salinity. So enter your current salinity in that test result. It only effects CSI, if you are tracking that. There is no reason for you to track CSI.

TA test can be effected by elevated FC, but your FC is not that high. All others (excluding pH), are unaffected by elevated FC.
Thank you so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.