Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
My Intex AGP has a single nozzle pushing water into the pool. Outside of the pool is a valve built into that jet assembly with an optional rubber cap. When the cap is on, no air bubbles go into the water stream. With the cap off, air gets inserted. It is a lot like how a spa works. In my 500 Gallon spa, if I use a lot of the "air jets" mode, my TA will go down. Is this relationship correct or is it my imagination?

The pool school says, "...higher TA levels combined with aeration will tend to raise the PH. The ideal TA level depends on your source of chlorine, and in many cases doesn't need to be at all exact

I always error on the higher side of TA in an attempt to stabilize the pH and because I don't want it to "spike low" if I get busy and don't test the waters. But now this aeration concept has me curious about my pool.

When should I cap the port on my AGP versus letting it suck in air and bubble away? My guess is to use the aeration sparingly when not using the pool much and it is covered. What do you think?

What got me down this path was a constant, all be it slow, increase in pH of my SW pool.

Aeration will definitely increase your pH. Mine rises pretty rapidly and my only aeration is the spa spillover, small bubbles produced by SWCG and my chiller, which works off of evaporation. If your jet assembly that you reference is not doing anything other than adding bubbles, I’d shut it off except when you want the feature on during use of the pool. Just make sure it doesn’t have any impact on water circulation.
I always error on the higher side of TA in an attempt to stabilize the pH and because I don't want it to "spike low"
In my pool, lower TA helps stabilize and slow my pH rise, not higher. I try to keep TA in the 60-70 range, but my fill water has high TA and I’ve been filling a lot this summer due to evaporation.

Reactions: BB_Mike
Thanks, that helps a lot. I have an oversized pump for my pool, so the water alone with no aeration pushes well.

I think this has a lot to do with my mystery pH rise. Love me some simple fixes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.