Coastal SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We’re putting in a Hayward Superpump 1 HP 2 speed with PL Plus SWG. Probably putting the pad against the backside of our house almost out of sight, but still close to the back door and pool.

Are the add one automation extras worth it, like indoor wired panel, wireless access, etc.

We are very new to this and not sure what to focus on. The budget is about spent and we need to add extra concrete to the deck. PB includes 8 yards and charges $250 per/yd extra.
Thx!

We’re putting in a Hayward Superpump 1 HP 2 speed with PL Plus SWG. Probably putting the pad against the backside of our house almost out of sight, but still close to the back door and pool.

Are the add one automation extras worth it, like indoor wired panel, wireless access, etc.

We are very new to this and not sure what to focus on. The budget is about spent and we need to add extra concrete to the deck. PB includes 8 yards and charges $250 per/yd extra.
Thx!
My opinion is that it depends on how many features you have to operate. I do not have a water feature, I have a single pump, hot tub in the pool, and a heater. I have 2 valves to operate and turn the heater on and off when done. One push of the button on the pump also. I opted for no automation. I understand the convenience of automation. I had a budget and it wasn’t big enough for automation.
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: SCpoolnewbies
I have no automation, other than the basic Intermatic timers that turn on the pool pumps for filtration and sweeping.... it takes an extra 20ft walk to turn on the spa and switch the valves.. and again when we are done Tubbing. No biggie, I just haven't been able to justify the cost of automation to save me the 20 ft walk. I did have a switch wired on the side of the house to turn on/off the waterfall as its pump is on its own circuit. Same thing with the pool lights. That's kinda nice. But if you don't have any water features or an integrated spa I would say it's probably not worth it, IMHO.

Reactions: SCpoolnewbies
My opinion is that it depends on how many features you have to operate. I do not have a water feature, I have a single pump, hot tub in the pool, and a heater. I have 2 valves to operate and turn the heater on and off when done. One push of the button on the pump also. I opted for no automation. I understand the convenience of automation. I had a budget and it wasn’t big enough for automation.
Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the input. That’s kind of what I was thinking. I can add it later if we think we’d like to.

I have no automation, other than the basic Intermatic timers that turn on the pool pumps for filtration and sweeping.... it takes an extra 20ft walk to turn on the spa and switch the valves.. and again when we are done Tubbing. No biggie, I just haven't been able to justify the cost of automation to save me the 20 ft walk. I did have a switch wired on the side of the house to turn on/off the waterfall as its pump is on its own circuit. Same thing with the pool lights. That's kinda nice. But if you don't have any water features or an integrated spa I would say it's probably not worth it, IMHO.
Thanks. We are thinking the same thing, so we’ll leave it off for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.