Silver Supporter
May 29, 2019
Central Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I'm looking for some expert advice on winterizing my pool. This is the first pool I have owned.
  • Pool was newly installed in Aug 2018. Had the installer winterize it in October. Our winters get down to single digits with 1-2 months below freezing. Pumped down below supply jets, blew out and capped all the piping. Drained filter and pumps, remove plugs, and filter cartridges. RV Antifreeze in the skimmer housing. Brought the water back up to just below the skimmer. Then 4 gallons of Hasa-Chlor 12%, 2 qts of Seqa-Sol, and 2 qts of Algemicine 600. Close the cover and place a cover pump on it
  • May 2019: Had the installer open the pool
  • 2019: Fumbled through maintaining the pool.
  • 2019 Fall: Had the installer winterize the pool. Same routine.
  • May 2020: Open the pool myself.
  • 2020: Fumbled through maintaining the pool. Chasing FC up and down, up and down. Had not discovered TFP.... But it never turned green...
  • 2020 Fall: I bought a good pump and a cyclone blower. Winterized it myself. Same routine. I made a plug with Schrader valve in it to plug the pipe in the skimmer housing that goes to the main drains. Then put air in the main drains. Worked good, held all winter.
  • May 2021: Opened the pool myself. A bit cloudy. Started the chlorine and discovered TFP. Took two tries but completed successful SLAM and have maintained nice clean water since.
  • 2021: Great summer. So nice to have a pool that is predictable!
  • Mid Sept 2021: FC=7, PH=7.4, TA=90, CH=230, CYA-70 And it's now time to winterize
So finally the question: Does 4 gallons on Liquid Chlorine, 2 qts of Seqa-Sol, and 2 qts of Agemiacine make sense? I was thinking of the same on chlorine but cutting to 1 qt each on the Seq and Algi? I have no tile, and thanks to TFP no algae. Let me know what you think.

Thanks in Advance!

Opening and closing yourself is the way to go. Start with the link below and let us know if you have more questions. We'll be glad to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.