Glen Carbon IL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Bubblers haven't been very common here, yet seem to be popular these days. I'm curious how TFP views this.

Either .. lower water level below them, blow, antifreeze, plug..

Or.. blow, airlock, done.

Since these tend to stay under a good bit of water, freeze may not be an issue. Manufacturer's winterization process usually says something like "IF water is to be below them, blow, antifreeze, plug".

Anyone with experience on this?

Not sure where these are but deck bubbler seem to sound like shallow area. I would not air lock something like this as airlock is reserved for the deep such as main drains and the like. This is a blowout and plug situation.

Last edited:
Depth is usually around the 2nd step.. maybe 10 inches under water at normal skim depth. But lowering water for closing to just below skim, maybe 6 inches at the time of closing. We tend to get an inch, maybe two, of ice during the winter.

My pool sense tells me to blow and plug, although manuals seem to not have a conclusive answer from what I'm reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.