Advice on securing loose coping pavers around fiberglass pool

May 5, 2017
MD
Bought a house with a fiberglass pool 4 years ago. Haven't had too many issues, but the coping and concrete work were done very poorly. I have a number of the coping pavers totally lose. There isn't any waterproof grout used anywhere. It appears to have been put on with some flexible adhesive, a couple strips on the cement and a strip on the fiberglass. The fiberglass edge also doesn't appear to have been sanded at all. I'd say about 20% are loose, the rest are doing fine. So I'm just looking to fix the ones that are loose, but trying to decide if I should grout everywhere else.

I'm looking remove the old adhesive and use Sikabond to put them back down. Should that work? Will it last? Do I need to grout to have it last longer?

Note in the second picture I have a pretty big crack in the concrete patio that goes all the way to the edge of the pool. So the surface under that paver is slightly uneven.

I've seen a few threads on the topic, but most are with newer installations. I would like to minimize the mess, so probably won't use thinset

IMG_20210816_114045.jpgIMG_20210816_114106.jpgIMG_20210816_114156.jpgIMG_20210816_114216.jpg

It sure looks like they used construction glue for those pavers... I really looks like you should start over from scratch.. Lets get a pro @jimmythegreek to see what he thinks.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.