Advice on removing PCC 200 pop up head

ArizonaBrit

Mar 23, 2022
Arizona
Hi, I need to remove a difficult set of Pop up heads. I bought a metal remover, and have been able to remove the rotating ones OK, but there are two which I believe may be fixed as they are in line with the main drain.

They have been in there since the pool was installed 17 years ago. The existing rotating ones did not rotate, the heads came up OK, but no rotation when in the pool. They rotate when outside of the pool pushing up manually. I bought some new ones and now they rotate. However, I cannot get those Dang main line ones out. It seems that I am not getting all of the 3 edges in the head assembly at the same time. I have spent hours on these two heads. I am wondering if a plastic remover (being more flexible) work? I appreciate any advice.

Look under "Nozzles are stuck in body ..."
There is additional good infor in that faq document.

Also, after turning slightly one direction to remove, turn slightly the other direction - in a wiggle type motion. This will sometimes help to loosen the head enough to allow removal.

Where in AZ are you?
Chances are an independent pool store service dept or pool repair company can help you out.

Try what it says in the faq on stuck nozzles - sometimes dirt/grit gets lodged in there (especially if they haven't been removed in a long while).

Maybe watch for a pool guy near your house and ask him if there is another trick to get it out. Or ask at A&M Corsons on 73rd st north of Thomas - or any PS place you already might use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.