Advice on Remodeling a Pool in Tulsa for a Non-Pool Person

Hi Allie,

That was my pool rebuild thread that ajw22 linked you to, and I would agree with you that $30K for the deck and spa rebuild seems high. My entire rebuild ran me just a bit over $40k, but it was quoted at ~$38K without that bench and an extra light and TopCast which were add ons after I started. But more importantly, the line items for my deck demo and coping and deck repour totalled under $20k. The rest for me was Pebble, Tile, new pumps/filters, automation etc which you don't need. So I'd get another quote. I'd re tile and resurface that whole spa, rather than remove it. And repour the concrete deck, with new coping, shouldn't be $30K. I got bids for my job between $36,500k and $65k. So shop around a bit.

Ahh, I see from your last post you are in fact looking for multiple quotes. Good, you'll find someone reasonable that you trust, but pool builders can be notoriusly flaky. Check references.

We do know who built the pool. I hesitate to call them out on a public forum. Plus, they may have switched ownership since they did the install.

You are very right. It is hard to get people to call you back. We hope by calling at the end of the season and being willing to do the work over the fall/winter will help.

We received one quote a little little while back from a vendor that ended up having some bankruptcy issues, so that made us a little nervous. We took a little time before getting more quotes.

So far, we have estimates scheduled with Engineered Concrete Systems and Blue Water pools here in Jenks. We have reached out to Raley’s and Fiesta, but have not gotten calls back.

If if you have a good pool remodeler, we would love to contact him.

Thanks,

Allie

I sent you a PM with contact information on the person I used, might be the same person you got the quote from since I noticed they no longer have a website.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.