Advice on a VS replacement for Pentair Whisperflo?

Nov 7, 2012
We are going to replace our 1 HP single speed Pentair Whisperflo with one of the Pentair VS pumps. We have a 25,000 gallon pool, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, and don't run an automatic cleaner or any spas or waterfalls. We have a slide that uses water that we turn on and off. I don't want to overdo it but the Pentair website is no help at all understanding the differences in their models. We have a Pentair FNS Plus 48 filter. We also have an EasyTouch control panel. Pool was put in during summer of 2012. What would you pick?

I installed a SuperFlo 1.5 hp VS to replace a WisperFlo 2hp single speed and am satisfied but my system is pretty basic. You may want to check the InteliFlo as in may play better with your control panel.

Sue,

Since you have the EasyTouch and WisperFlo, then the replacement would be the IntelliFlo...

I have the IntelliFlo and run it 24/7 at a low RPM for less than $20 bucks a month..

Since you have a single speed 1 HP pump now, and no special water features, I don't see a huge advantage in replacing the pump. Any idea how much your current pump is costing you to run??

Thanks,

Jim R.

The reason we're replacing the pump is that it's making a horrible screeching noise that's getting louder, and we were told it's the bearings going bad. I actually have the option of getting a replacement Whisperflo at half the price of a VS. I have been able to keep my pump running time to 10 hours under low pool usage and a few more hours if the pool has heavier use, and my water is crystal clear and balanced. I'm thinking the cost in electricity is probably not enough of a difference to cover the double-the-price for the pump? Anyone have an opinion?

You can replace just the motor :)

V Green square flange 1.65 hp VS motor http://www.inyopools.com/Products/00200017074679.htm

You may have to change out the impeller for the 1.5 hp, I did as I also had the 1hp..
Is that a pretty simple thing to do? And would that work for us? Our pump is making a screeching noise that the pool company (without hearing it) said must be the bearings going bad. I would love this option if possible!!!

Give inyo a call, they will know for sure and it is really easy to change out.. :)

Get a rebuild kit and a salt or SCS seal for your pump.. They will say it has a seal in the kit but its not a good one...

Attachments

• Use-The-Right-Seal-For-Your-Pool-and-Spa-Pumps.pdf
    311.1 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.