Advice & Info for owner build in San Diego

Mar 26, 2017
San Diego
Hello TFP,

I came across this site a couple weeks ago after my family and I decided we wanted to build a pool in our backyard. Great info on here!!! So far, I've contacted a few builders and have received a few bids. While the prices seem reasonable, we DIY every home project, I can't help wonder what the cost would be if we did an owner build. The idea never crossed my mind until I found this site and saw what could be accomplished. Unfortunately, I don't know where to start. Is there a checklist that outlines the process I need to follow? Also, if someone can pm me any info on web designers or recommendations that would be great. thank you!

I believe there are kits you can buy for vinyl lined pools that are DIY. Google the term and see what comes up. Or perhaps you just want to be the GC and hire subs?

Yip :flower:

Addendum: Just watched some Youtube videos on DIY pools. Some cool things out there.

Thanks for the info Yip!

After researching videos on YouTube I think inground gunite is what we decided on.

We are looking at doing an owner build and finding subcontracters to save money. If anyone has contacts in this area please PM any references.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.