Advice getting balanced for the summer

rdbrya1

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2016
Gonzales
Good morning! I’ve been getting my pool ready for swimming season...which is only a few weeks away at most here in LA :)
Thanks to this forum, I was able to achieve a clear pool with the following test results:

FC - 9 (I know this is higher than the target in the chart- but is it hurting anything to stay around an 9 - liner fading or anything?)
Ph - 7.4
TA - 70
CH - 70
CYA - 70
Salt - 3100
Water temp - 73
Full sun all day!
Do these numbers look ok? I do tend to keep my FC a tad higher than recommended during spring/summer. It’s really just to prevent it from dropping below 6 in case I can’t test it in time since it’s so hot here and we swim a lot.

Any overall advice in general would be great on if I should change anything. Thanks everyone and Happy Monday!

Looks very good. FC 9 won't hurt you and will give you some insurance for heavy bather load. You can tweek the FC output by controlling a little less pump time or percentage on the SWCG
Thank you for the reply! Great to know - I had dialed the SWCG down to 15% but even then it creeped up to FC 10 so I guess it need to dial it down a tad more! I do run it for quite a while, even in the winter.

Free chlorine is free chlorine. Doesn't matter the season. As the temps warm up and the sun angle is high the uv will be more effective at burning off some of the FC. For now less on time will also produce less FC. Just be sure there's not an error in the testing method that you're calling it a 10.

Reactions: rdbrya1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.