Adventures with Skimdoctor 2.0

ZcottD

Jun 23, 2017
Connecticut
So this has been an item on my radar for awhile, lots of positive amazon reviews, not much in feedback from places like here, and no solid answer to my biggest question, does the Bernoulli effect only increase water surface movement within the skimmer, or does it actually help make the surface water move from the pool into the skimmer area faster/better?

Installation is as easy as it gets. The vac attachment seems like a complete waste if you have a canister so I didn't get that. Their claim that this increases the volume of your skimmer basket... ya I don't know how it would.

Couple little things I do like, I get lots of crickets and they always float at the top so I have to scoop them up with the basket to get them out, but with this on there the overhang of the lip seems to keep most of them inside the basket. And junk isn't hanging out just behind the weirgate.

Today I was gonna spend all day playing with the thing to see how good I could make the Bernoulli effect work for me, but its been raining all morning and the water is above the top of my skimmer mouth now so the pool can't skim at all. LOL

If I can use this to make my skimmer pull in floating debris from just a bit further away, this will be great, but I kinda have my doubts that it will. Hopefully I can drain the excess water tomorrow morning and spend the day fiddling with it.

Add some pics and let us know how it goes. I need to figure out some way to help my farthest skimmer (away from pump) to pull better. Everything goes into the skimmer by the pump so much that it lowers filter pressure.

Pictures will have to come later, as I don't have a camera here right now.

I'm having a problem testing if this thing is making my skimmer skim better. I have very little debris in the pool, and dumping in stuff to test with is affected by how I dump it in. One issue with skimming we have had is that if something was pushed towards the skimmer but to the side beyond with the jet is directing things it would float away, and so far I'm not seeing that happen, but I also replaced a return jet that had a cracked eyeball, which could be helping that too, because the direction of the water from the return jet is a different and now its more powerful.

I need to come up with a way to test the pull of debris into the skimmer.

I get a natural whirlpool in my skimmer I mean like it is so defined even with the pool over full that you would expect to see the flying dutchman and the black pearl engaging in a battle to the bottom. btw I get air because of this issue and have not found a solution for it. ARI S 050 VAC automatic air bleeder solves it at the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.