Advantage of "Full Strength" MA over Diluted MA Bottles?

hollywoodfrodo

Silver Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
Lakewood, CA
I went out of my way to go to Lowes and get Full Strength 20 Baum MA last week. But after using it, I'm wondering if it makes sense for me to do that. We have an Orchard Supply Hardware (5 min drive) and a Home Depot (10 min drive) right by our house. Both have the "pool version" of MA which is the 14%(ish) version - you get two bottles (ends up being the same as one full strength) for only $1-2 more than the full strength single bottle at Lowes. Lowes is further away - an extra 20 minutes or so.

Plus all the stuff I read says that you should dilute your full strength MA before adding to the pool. So I'm thinking, unless there is some clear advantage to using the 20 Baum stuff, it makes sense to me to just get the pool version. Yes, I'd have to have more bottles, but with two stores around the corner that always have it in stock I wouldn't feel the need to have a ton of extra on hand.

Just wanted to run it by the fine folks here to make sure there wasn't some significant benefit I was missing of using the higher concentration.

If you can get the weaker version of MA for half the price of the full strength, that is great! Most places they are the same price.

You should not handle acid twice. Pour it into the pool at the return jet. Diluting first exponentially increases the chances of a safety issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.