Adding water to pool?

GMTK

Bronze Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
I'm in San Antonio where it's been stupid hot (43 days over 100 degrees) and we haven't had rain for almost 2 months (other than a sprinkle here and there). I've been having to add water to my pool every 3-4 days to keep the water line at the normal mark (so the skimmers will still work...).

Ya'll think this is normal? I've got a large pool, but also have two sails over the pool to help with evaporation.

I’m in the DFW area and have the same issue. I just filled last night and the pool is already slightly low. I’ll be filling again tomorrow or the next day at the latest. My situation is exacerbated by the chiller and our super low humidity. Humidity is around 20% and the chiller supercharges the evaporation. But my water temp is 81°!

Reactions: GMTK
I'm in San Antonio where it's been stupid hot (43 days over 100 degrees) and we haven't had rain for almost 2 months (other than a sprinkle here and there). I've been having to add water to my pool every 3-4 days to keep the water line at the normal mark (so the skimmers will still work...).

Ya'll think this is normal? I've got a large pool, but also have two sails over the pool to help with evaporation.
Yes it’s normal. I’m just north of you in Round Rock and I have to add water twice a week. The loss is right at 2” per 7 days with this heat.

Reactions: GMTK
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.