Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advice and, affirmation I suppose, about adding steps to our old in-ground pool. The pool is an old "hybrid" pool that we are having a liner put in. This pool hasn't been active in some time, so we believe the liner is the most cost effective solution, however my wife doesn't want to use the ladder as the only way into, and out of, the pool. Now as guys know, there really is only one acceptable method to enter a pool (cannonball), but I do need to keep the peace at home. Can anyone provide any perspective on the additional costs of steps, and the options available. inexpensive, but not cheap...lol.

Thanks

I would think you can use some type of steps they use in a vinyl liner pool.

Post some pics of your pool and where the steps could go and let's see if @jimmythegreek has ideas.

Now as guys know, there really is only one acceptable method to enter a pool (cannonball), but I do need to keep the peace at home
It’s the perfect compromise. You can still cannonball into the deep end and she can sashay down the steps, slowly with the sun glistening off her like a shampoo commercial. Everybody wins !!

You could either cut out a section of the wall and decking at the shallow end and install liner pool-type steps (as above) or build concrete wedding cake-style steps inside the existing shallow end wall. Then cover with the liner.

I was also given this as a cheap option, but I think I would get EXACTLY what I pay for with these.

Attachments

• 20201217_104512[1].jpg
    20201217_104512[1].jpg
    481 KB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.