Adding Stabilizers without skimmers

Dec 5, 2018
Palm City, FL
I need to increase the CYA of my pool and liquid stabilizers are incredibly expensive. I understand the sock method however my pool has an infinity edge on all four sides so the edge acts as a skimmer so i have no place to put the sock. When the water overflows it goes into a gutter system that is gravity fed back to a collecting tank on the side of my house. From there the pump pulls water and returns it to the pool. Do you think I am better off putting the sock in the collecting tank or should I just say the heck with it and add a few chlorine tablets to supplement my SWG to increase the CYA. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Does your pool still have return jets? Tie the sock to the end of a pool pole, place it over the edge and let it hang in front of the return/jet.

Your pool water is pretty warm. I would try putting the dry stabilizer in a thin sock or two, put them in a bucket (tie them to the handle), and set it in your collection tank. After a few hours or so I suspect the stabilizer will be really mushy and you should be able to squeeze it out pretty quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.