Adding significant calcium chloride each year

May 1, 2013
I have an older pool with a concrete/plaster bottom and fiberglass sides. We drain our pool below the skimmers each winter. I am finding it a little surprising that I need to add a significant amount of calcium chloride each year. I believe I was at around 100ppm after I filled for this season. I have since added 40lbs and still getting a low reading. The tests don't lie but is this typical to need to increase calcium hardness by this much each year? It was my understanding that calcium staying in the pool unless it is lost by splashing or draining? Thank you!

Where are you located ? In the southeast with 55+ inches of rain each year, that's basically a free water exchange. Or the 4 ft in the northeast is most of one.

Where are you located ? In the southeast with 55+ inches of rain each year, that's basically a free water exchange. Or the 4 ft in the northeast is most of one.
Located in Kansas City. We do get a decent amount of precipitation. Just checked my salt content and am 900ppm, too. Getting ready to add a bunch of salt! Just surprised how low these get but I might just not be making sense of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.