Adding s SWG

May 17, 2017
Houston, TX
Hello, I'm new to TFP and owning an inground. I recently purchased a home with a 25k in ground pebble and complete Hayward system.
My question is, what would I need to add a SWG to my system? And where in the line should it be? Currently, the puck chlorine feeder is in a position the only puts chlorine in the pool. There is an attached spa that won't get any.
It is a Hayward Pro Logic PS-8 control panel.

Thank you.

I am sure folks would like to see a picture of your equipment pad. Use a photo hosting site like Photobucket and copy/past the IMG code into your post. The picture should show up.

You want the SWCG to be the last piece of equipment before the water returns to your pool. You may have to do some plumbing changes so that it can be either sent to your pool or spa. Are the pool/spa attached?

Take care.

Csjg3525-

I have good news for you. Since you have the Hayward Pro Logic PS-8 control panel all you need to do is buy the cell, and not a controller. The cell plugs into the PS-8 and the PS-8 lets you set the chlorine levels. The installation manual has all the info you need.

Also, nice pool and nice equipment pad! Good to see where things are a little spread out, not crammed in there.

Hi, I have the Hayward PS-8 installed. I think all you need is about 12" of straight-line pipe to install the saltwater generator ($465 on Amazon). Plug that in, hook up the flow meter, and update the configuration to include the SWG and Model.

Oh - and you'll have to add some salt to your pool. Probably about 15-20 bags. Then, you are up and running.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The flow meter is inside most SWG units. On an IC-40, it is simply installed like a spark plug with 4 wires and some Teflon tape and also has a salt sensor in the same assembly. Easy to replace if you think it's gone bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.