SE FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
My pool doesn’t have an overflow nor a skimmer built in. There is a skimmer in the swimming area of the pool that “floats”. When the level is too high, I manually turn a valve while the pump is running to dump water.

Would there be a way to engage this automatically, such as an app controlled valve I can turn on when I see water level too high on security camera? Or maybe a float/ actuated valve? I’m not sure if that’s feasible in the swimming area.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated - trying to figure out how to add auto fill and drain.

My pool doesn’t have an overflow nor a skimmer built in. There is a skimmer in the swimming area of the pool that “floats”. When the level is too high, I manually turn a valve while the pump is running to dump water.
I had a hard time understanding this. You can hook up a wireless app sprinkler system and plumb the sprinkler valve after the pump to a drain. @JoyfulNoise explained in another post the sprinkler valves aren’t completely full proof tho, so maybe have a manual shut off as well.

I had a hard time understanding this. You can hook up a wireless app sprinkler system and plumb the sprinkler valve after the pump to a drain. @JoyfulNoise explained in another post the sprinkler valves aren’t completely full proof tho, so maybe have a manual shut off as well.
Sorry. So I have an in-pool skimmer (really old pool) that comes out of the wall inside the pool and has like a floating basket (Aladdin No-niche). There is no separate skimmer area. There is no overflow drain of any sort. At present I have a pipe hooked to a valve after the pump that allows me to dump water when turned manually.

I need something a little more automated (and reliable) for the rainy season as I’ve had my pool fill up 3 times in a week! On top of that I busted ordered a SWCG and would like to prevent issues. The floating basket skimmer thing tends to float out of its base when the water level is too high, it gets cocked and the pump sucks air with water for god knows how long.

Anything smart phone controlled would be great but I was really hoping to find a way to setup the pool to drain automatically when the level is too high.

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.