Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I read in many threads here that I should be adding MA very slowly, without diluting it and by where the Jets are so they would help the acid circulate and mix quickly. Being new to this I need a clarification. My Jets are at the bottom, popping up and down, changing every some 30 seconds or so. The only wall/side jet is right under the return/skimmer. So still ok to dump there? I don’t want acid to be immediately sucked into the skimmer. What’s the best course of action for someone in my case?

thank you!

Attachments

• 57CFEA35-46C0-48FA-8B29-7823DA9AF519.jpeg
    57CFEA35-46C0-48FA-8B29-7823DA9AF519.jpeg
    809.1 KB · Views: 18
try to get it out about a foot or more away from the skimmer and do a steady pour, the flow you will see goes down.. it is a yellow color and should be able to see it getting distributed in the return.. I really do not see your skimmer pulling from that far out unless you have some super skimmer :)

Reactions: ugur
Looks like you have an IFCS with venturi style skimmers. I have a similar setup. When I manually add acid, I do so right in front of the skimmer, about a foot out as Casey suggested, to get into the venturi outlet of the skimmer. As long as you are 10-12" away from the skimmer, shouldn't be an issue.

--Jeff

Thank you both. I will try and see how that goes. But based on both answers seems like I have no alternatives, such as pour it in other areas where the floor pop-ups are...?

Yes. It points towards to the center of the pool when the skimmer is pulling in towards the wall. Am I understanding the question correctly?

Yes. It points towards to the center of the pool when the skimmer is pulling in towards the wall. Am I understanding the question correctly?
Yep. So, if you pour it in front of the return slowly, it should dissipate fairly quickly.

There is nothing wrong with diluting your acid. But, water ALWAYS goes in first. I have used one of those cheap plastic watering cans with the rose removed. The spout allows you better direction and you can extend it a bit further out into the pool.

My A&A IFCS has a lever/knob deal on top of the zone valve to pause the system. If yours has something similar, you could pause it and add it near the heads that are up. Then let it run for a few minutes afterwards to make sure it is dissipated.

When my pump speed is up for my IFCS to run, my venturi skimmer pushes a very forceful jet through there. Even if the skimmer were to suck in any acid, it will be dissipated back through the venturi fairly rapidly.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.