Adding Heater Bypass - Check Valve Placement?

tthomas52706

Mar 31, 2020
Fulshear, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello - I built my pool one year ago but did not stumble on to TFP until after the build had been completed and have learned a TON on here since then. I'm about to add a bypass around my heater (should have asked the builder to add this initially I'm reading) and have read several of the TFP threads here about the plumbing layout, but would like input on the placement of the check valve in my system. I have an easy place to tee into my plumbing, but it would require me adding a second check valve upstream of my existing one (see photo and diagrams - my piping is extremely tight) to protect the heater. I'm concerned this will create a head issue but wanted some TFP input before cutting into the piping and choosing a solution. Thanks for any input you can provide!

Attachments

• IMG_3733.jpg
    IMG_3733.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Plumbing Diagrams.PNG
    Plumbing Diagrams.PNG
    99.2 KB · Views: 97
Welcome to TFP.

Option B or Option C.

Leaving the second CV in on Option B will not create any big problems.

You can do option C by just removing the CV flapper. You don't need to cut the valve out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.