Mar 17, 2021
Northern California
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Prior to storm I tested FC only and it was 9. I also added one bag of salt that I'd been considering adding that was left on the patio but I thought I'd wait until after the rain--until a dog decided that I should add it before the storm (ha ha sigh).

Two days after storm:

FC 7.5
CC 0.5
PH 8.2
TA 90
CA 350 (from 400)
CYA (50 first test--did a second test with leftovers and it was 60 I believe) from 70.
Salt 2400 (was 2600)--this is after the salt add too

I'd like to add CYA but one of our dogs swims daily (sometimes 2-3 times a day). She jumped in during the storm two different nights. We made her get out but she looked like she really enjoyed swimming in the rain. Just in case, I do not think I can put CYA in a sock. It would be like a beacon to her but she will leave a puck floater alone. Can I put CYA in a sock in a plastic puck float? Also I need to look at adding calcium. Thanks!

You can put the sock in the skimmer or let it hang from a float. Whatever works best for you. Keep in mind that after about 20 - 30 min of soaking, you should be able to squeeze it all out fairly quickly so it won't matter once it's all dissipated and gone.

We made her get out but she looked like she really enjoyed swimming in the rain
The mental pic of her all doggy smiling……. Check it out !!! I’m wet TWICE over !!! :laughblue:
Can I put CYA in a sock in a plastic puck float?
You sure could. Or just pull the sock as needed and toss it in a bucket temporarily so it doesn’t leak all over the patio. It would only take a minute.
Also I need to look at adding calcium
calcium gets ‘broadcasted’ in the deep end. It will settle on the bottom quickly and be of no doggy concern. But it needs to be brushed after a few minutes, maybe a few times until it’s gone.

Reactions: Cena_sea
I always put mine in the skimmer. It’s the easiest. I usually forget about it for a few days and it’s gone when I go get the sock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.