Adding Actuator to Water Feature Valve

Kmath

Oct 29, 2022
Tampa, Florida
I'm a pool newbie, but pretty handy. Looking to add an actuator to control my deck jets, it is a 2-way jandy valve (on/off) and I have a Pentair Easytouch controller. Looking to buy the part online, I noticed pentair makes a 90-degree actuator, but they are slightly more expensive than the 180-degree. Is it worth it to buy that so I don't have to mess with adjusting the cams? I guess I'm worried about damaging something, or the deck jets leaking water if I don't get the adjustment right and it doesn't close all the way. I can't find anything online about adjusting the 180-degree actuators for a 90-degree valve.

If you are even slightly mechanically inclined it is very easy to adjust the cams in the 180. I don't see any reason to pay more for a 90 (maybe in a production environment or pool maintenance contractor where the extra ten minutes savings is worth it when they are not paying for the part)
The other alternative is using an intellivalve which is adjusted via push buttons

If you are even slightly mechanically inclined it is very easy to adjust the cams in the 180. I don't see any reason to pay more for a 90 (maybe in a production environment or pool maintenance contractor where the extra ten minutes savings is worth it when they are not paying for the part)
The other alternative is using an intellivalve which is adjusted via push buttons
That helps a lot thank you! Going to tackle it this weekend. We love the deck jets, but constantly turning them on and off and also have to adjust pump speed to get them to work right. No idea why my PB didn't include or give me the option to automate it.

That helps a lot thank you! Going to tackle it this weekend. We love the deck jets, but constantly turning them on and off and also have to adjust pump speed to get them to work right. No idea why my PB didn't include or give me the option to automate it.
I have mine setup as a feature In my intellicenter so when I activate the feature it opens the valve and changes the feature pump speed to produce the volume we like. You should be able to do similar in easytouch.

Pentair makes one model actuator - CVA-24 - and the IntelliValve which is not intellI.

Where do you see a 90 degree actuator?

There are four, cva24t -180 degree out of the box cva24L - 90 degree out of the, cva24y -120 degree out of the box and intellivalve
Yeah, never saw that until you pointed it out.

I wonder if there is any difference other then where the cam is preset to.

Yeah, never saw that until you pointed it out.

I wonder if there is any difference other then where the cam is preset to.
I can understand the 90 and 180 but the 120 baffles me a bit. I can't imagine any mechanical difference, as that would make no sense from a manufacturing standpoint and the available parts list does not seem to make any distinction between them.

Inyopools shows the following:
  • 263043 90 degree actuator - $374.99
  • 263044 120 degree actuator - $399.99
  • 263045 180 degree actuator - $211.99
Only a Pool Builder would pay a premium for a preset cam that can save an hour of time.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ahultin
Inyopools shows the following:
  • 263043 90 degree actuator - $374.99
  • 263044 120 degree actuator - $399.99
  • 263045 180 degree actuator - $211.99
Only a Pool Builder would pay a premium for a preset cam that can save an hour of time.
I found the 90 degree for about $240, but I was scratching my head why it was more and why no other manufacturer seems to make a 90 degree.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.