Silver Creek, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I have cloudy water and we are doing a slam but I read on here where you could add DE to the sand filter to help clear it up. ANYWAY MY ISSUE IS my pump is at 10 psi on high speed the I add a 1/4 cup two different times for a total of 1/2 cup. Then 30 minutes later my psi is 20 and my swg stops working because of no flow so I have to backwash. Is this normal? What am I doing wrong?

It is clogging up due to the solids. The DE process needs lots of baby sitting.

Try just a 1/4 cup of DE. Or you might be trying it to early in the SLAM process. Your pool should just be cloudy but you can see the bottom. Is that your case?

You're adding the DE too early in the process. There's so much stuff in the water it clogs the filter in minutes. That's the downfall of DE filters. What you described is completely normal.

On a microscopic level, it's like you just put window screen on top of chicken wire and you're trying to filter out ping pong balls and BBs. You'll catch everything, and fast. So just use the chicken wire until the ping pong balls have been strained out, then go for the BBs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.