Added CYA, now finding flaky white stuff on bottom

Jan 20, 2018
Joshua, TX
So I added some CYA in the sock method. Suspended it in front of a return jet and ran the pump for 24 hours. It was all gone the next afternoon. Haven't backwashed. I am now finding this flaky white junk all over the bottom of the spa and towards the deep end of the pool. Is there a connection or something else going on?

8FJ1K7a.jpg

Do you have a full set of test results?

Can you put some of the flakes in a container and put some acid on them? Do they fizz?

The sock you used, are the particles you collected small enough to have come through the sock?

The flakes did fizz with acid. Gave off a cloud of gas too. The flakes almost dissolve as soon as I put them between my fingers.

The sock was a standard cotton sock and I did not see any holes in them.

zV5ohIM.png

- - - Updated - - -

I'll brake the salt cell open tomorrow for an inspection. It's been a little more than 2 months since I last did that.

Sound like calcium.

You should manage your pH closer. Keep in the mid 7's.

With a SWCG, you should keep CSI between -0.3 and 0. You should never have to clean a SWCG cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.