Add this, Add that, says to add opposite things to balance pool. Confused.

You most likely have multiple problems, and until you know your true levels, it is going to be impossible to fix.

I predict:
Algae in pool
CYA sky-high

You are going to need some liquid bleach. I suggest adding enough to bring FC up to 3 ppm until you get your kit. Maybe a gallon now and a gallon tomorrow and so on. It appears you have a plaster pool, correct? If so there's no worry in overshooting FC a bit.

Goodness. Now I messed up.

Shall I not trust the company who put my pool in? They tested the water. Gave me a recommendation and told me what to buy a the local store. They came out today. We added the chemicals together. Checked all my components.

I agree I need a better testing kit. I ordered one.

Now I'm ticked it's messed up. I'll call the owner this pm.

My pool has metal walls, liner.
15k saltwater sport pool
VS Hayward pump.
Hayward SWG
Hayward DE filter.
Hayward AquaPlus

FC 0
Stabilizer 0
Alkalinity 50
PH 7.6

1000' stamped concrete.

Did the pool guy test the water before he added any chemicals? If not, how does he know what to add and how much?

What is the salt PPM? Did they not check? Is the SWG turned on? Is it giving you any errors?

You need to raise FC with bleach/liquid chlorine immediately. This is true anytime you get an SWG installed.
Stabilizer should be around 30-40 for now. You'll raise it later when the pool is happy.

OH, I see now. I was really confused. You kept saying "stamped concrete" but you are talking about the deck.

Turn off SWG when adding salt, don't turn back on for 24 hours.

Solar salt from Home Depot, in the blue bag, is perfect. It's just under $5 a bag. But Pool Math will tell you exactly how much you need...

Shall I not trust the company who put my pool in? They tested the water. Gave me a recommendation and told me what to buy a the local store. They came out today. We added the chemicals together.

Sadly, many pool builders have no idea how to maintain a pool.

Does he have any financial interest in the pool store?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.