Add spa to pool

Jun 20, 2018
St Petersburg
Hi all,
So I have a house we purchased, the pool is in the concrete deck (gunite? not vinyl) but the deck is raised 5-6 feet from the back of the house. So standing in the back yard there's 5-6 steps to get up to the deck where the pool is sunk into. I was wondering is it possible to add a spill over spa by just adding say a concrete block foundation on the side and inlay a shell? Basically just extending to deck a little.

The pump is near, about 20 feet off to the side of the house
Thoughts? I never use the pool, so hoping a spa would get me out there more! (had one at our old place and used it a lot)

Other option would be a stand alone, but that'd take up deck space

The hard part will be connecting it and prepping the ground under where you will be putting it. You will have to run all new plumbing for the returns/jets and drain. It will be a LOT of work and mess. The money part will be big as well.

Me? I would find a way to put a stand alone spa right by the pool. Don't worry about spill over. All that does is cause the pH to go up. A stand alone has more comfortable seating and better placement of jets.

Like stated above a pic of the pool and area will help us see what you are working with.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.