ottawa, ontario, canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
so i happen to have a 15A and a 20A breaker with gfci capability in my toolbox.
i was thinking I'd add these to my easy touch. the pump and heater are presently not even on a gfci.
the pool lights are tied into a breakout gfci plug.
I am attaching a diagram of my wiring.

basically, the SWCG, heater and pump are all on 1 relay and breaker.
i noted on the swcg, the blue and black are tied together and go nowhere.
the lights are powered by a GFCI, which is powered from a breaker.

I was going to put in the 20A GFCI breaker to add the gfci to the pump circuit. do i just swap the breaker and then tie the little white pigtail on the gfci breaker to the neutral bar in the panel?

also, to put the lights on their own gfci breaker, do I just pull the lights off the existing gfci plug and plut them on the breaker? similarly, that 15a gfci breaker has a little pig tail that I assume goes into the neutral bar?

attached is a diagram of the current setupScreenshot 2021-06-16 12.24.13 AM.png

Hi everyone, so is my diagram too busy/confusing or is it that no one knows?

I am not an electrician, but I think to achieve my goals I would need to follow these steps:

1) remove the 20A dual pole pump breaker, and replace with the 20A dual pole GFCI breaker.(I have one)
In this case, I guess I just tie the little white pigtail on the breaker to the neutral bar? this should create a GFCI'd circuit for my pump and heater & SWCG, right?

2) add a new gfci 15a breaker to a spare spot on the panel for the intellibrite (I have one in my toolbox)

3) disconnect the lights transformer neutral wire from the GFCI outlet and instead, tie it to the white wire on the new gfci breaker, which would tie back to the neutral bar

4) disconnect the line feed/hotwire going from the GFCI outlet to the relay and just discard that wire

5) connect the new breaker in step 2, to the line feed on the lights relay

6) connect the white pigtail on the breaker in step 2, to the neutral bar
this should put the intellibrite on a dedicated breaker that is GFCI'd

7) leave the existing GFCI outlet on it's existing non-GFCI breaker - no wires to change there... 1 hot & 1 neutral which are already connected.
this should make that circuit independent & not switched/relayed, AND GFCI'd via the outlet itself.

does this sound correct & safe? It does to me, and its not even complicated... but I am no electrician (at least not by training).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.