Camarillo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
To reduce aeration, I'm working on getting my pool setup to allow automated control of spa spillover. I changed the wiring in my automation panel today and flipped the dip switch to enable spillover control and that went well and works like it should.

I attached a photo of how the plumbing is now...there's only a check valve between the pool and spa returns, but no shutoff valve. So, when water is supplied to the pool return, some water always flows to the spa:

replumb.jpg

I plan to cut through the elbows on the horizontal sides (i.e. the sides that run horizontal in the picture) to leave as much pipe as possible and then use an inside coupling that has been posted many times (like this one). I plan to extend the assembly out so that one valve can go on the "top" side of the picture, and the other valve on the bottom side.

I read in another thread that these Jandy valves can accept a 2½" coupling on the outside, so it would be reasonable to cut the check valve out and reuse it? It won't really be doing anything anyway, since the shutoff valve will normally be closed.

I was just going to use a shutoff valve like this one that's on my solar heat plumbing...is there anything better or that I should consider?:

SOValve.jpg

What is the best hacksaw blade for cutting PVC? I've used the ratcheting cutters before on smaller sprinkler/electrical PVC, but I don't think you can get those for PVC larger than 2"?

I noticed Weld-on has pool and spa cements, that aren't widely available. Should I be using the pool-specific grey cement, or just the basic primer/cement that hardware stores have?

Any feedback on this stuff is welcome...thanks!

The internals of that check valve can be replaced by valve internals. The issue may be that you could have a hard time getting the parts due to the Texas freeze.

Looking at Inyopools site, probably best to buy an entire valve and swap the internals and cover. You do need to know what size valve body you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.