AcuRite Pool Thermometer model 00617

Larry Augsburger

Aug 15, 2019
Alabama
Received this as a gift from our daughter. Operated for 3 weeks. AcuRite will not replace the equipment. They claim that this model is no longer sold. I asked them for any model they have as a substitute. Does anyone have experience with this model?

Welcome to TFP.

Did you ask your daughter where she got the thermometer from?

On yes, those lasted me anywhere from 3 months to a year. I’ve owned 4, and have 4 more new ones in packages on the garage. :laughblue:

The screen on the float dies first. Water leaks in quickly and it’s just a poor design. I was fine buying them as I never found a better wireless thermometer—before I had Automation. Even with automation the pump has to be on to get s temp reading, so I still use one occasionally. It’s great, you can put the receiver inside and tell when the spa is ready!
I’d stocked up on new ones last winter as Home Depot had a fire sale of $8.99/each.

I found that by attaching it via zip ties to my hand rails it didn’t get caught by the skimmer or Spillway and that increased its lifespan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.