Acid Wash scheduled

Antneye

Jun 29, 2021
North Carolina
My pool was finished in September and we have not been happy with the finish (splotchy). The Plaster company was going to do a no drain Acid Wash and have me run the pump for 72 hours, but thanks to all the great content on this site I was smart enough to ask my pool company if they should be running the pump during this process and they confirmed that they should not. I got them to agree to fully drain the pool and do a full acid wash. I also got the Pool company to agree to do a new chemical start-up for me. Unfortunately I will need to re-balance everything to the standards of this site, but at least I avoided the nightmare of them running my pool equipment in a highly acidic environment.

Thanks all for the great resource you are!!

My pool was finished in September and we have not been happy with the finish (splotchy). The Plaster company was going to do a no drain Acid Wash and have me run the pump for 72 hours, but thanks to all the great content on this site I was smart enough to ask my pool company if they should be running the pump during this process and they confirmed that they should not. I got them to agree to fully drain the pool and do a full acid wash. I also got the Pool company to agree to do a new chemical start-up for me. Unfortunately I will need to re-balance everything to the standards of this site, but at least I avoided the nightmare of them running my pool equipment in a highly acidic environment.

Thanks all for the great resource you are!!
How did your acid wash turn out?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.