Accidentally added floc 2 hours ago without realising you need to wait overnight gt when is soonest I vacuum! ?

Rue

Jan 27, 2022
Wales
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool water was a bit cloudy so I thought I'd add floc. I diluted it and added it but didn't read instructions and then realised it says leave overnight! Someone wanted to use the pool this evening is there any way I can vacuum it before 8 hours? What would happen?

Floc formation and settling takes time and quiescent conditions. There should be no circulation and If you disrupt the process, you may have to start over, or worse do a partial drain. Remember to vacuum to waste and not to your pool filter.

Last edited:
OK. Thanks both. I've left it overnight. By the time I go back should he about 19 hours. If I vacuum to waste hopefully all the murkiness will go. Problem is I think I just should have added more shock rather than putting in floc.

Ps worst case scenario and water is still cloudy after vacuuming what next?
Next would be to follow ALL TFP guidance for your perfect pool. I'm on a time constraint now so can't keep typing now. Others will chime in shortly how to achieve that. Best of luck. See my signature below as an example what info you need to complete for your pool info also check the link there for the TF-100 test kit which I highly recommend.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Ps worst case scenario and water is still cloudy after vacuuming what next?
With floc, it can take multiple attempts to vacuum it out. So you may need to wait another 24 hours after the first attempt and do it again.

Floc is not a product that should be used in pools except for very specific conditions.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Personally i use floc about once a year after i open the green pool. I shock, the pool gets cloudy with dead algae and i use floc to settle the dead algae to floor and vacuum to waste, with floc u just wait witht the pump off and let it settle.

You might need an initial whirlpool step to circulate the floc in the pool and then then turn off the pump for 24hrs and then vacuum to waste very gently off the bottom of the pool. Works well

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.